- Against state mandate on power companies to reimburse: as cooperative, East River gets power from its members, already keeping costs as cheap as possible. East River would buy back at wholesale, just as it does now.
- Against state mandate; knows co-ops often willing to bring that extra power into supply already
- "possibilities for solar are endless"
- tax breaks are good idea
- Sioux Valley offers some rebates for conservation
- would have a problem mandating buy-back
- against mandate; power companies already have goal of producing reliable power
- "coal is the most reliable source"; folks don't want to gamble when flipping the switch
- forced buy-back would be "scheduling nightmare" for utilities