- Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) closing value, Friday, 9/19: 11,388.44
- DJIA opening value, Monday, 9/15: 11,318.59
- DJIA net gain for the week: +0.6%
- DJIA net change since peak (14,093) last October: -19%
- DJIA net gain over the last five years: 22%
- DJIA net change from 9/3/1929 to 11/11/1929: -40%
- DJIA net change from 10/14/1987 to 10/19/1987: -31%
- DJIA net gain over 1987: +0.6%
But if we can't ride it out, if we have to write that check (and leave it to our kids and grandkids to pay for our profligacy), it will prove one thing: the free market is dead.
And Sibby thought Obama and I would bring Marxism to America. Hmph: President Bush beat us to it.