- HB 1047: The governor's own Department of Tourism and State Development is asking to expand the Economic Development Finance Authority board from five to seven members. Axe the bill. Unnecessary expansion of bureaucracy.
- HB 1056: a request from the Department of Education to expand locations where classes required by the State Cosmetology Commission may be conducted. Not bad in itself, but lets hoghouse this bill: eliminate the State Cosmetology Commission! Seriously, do we need a special board to oversee manicures?
- HB 1062: The Brand Board wants to raise the reward for info that helps catch cattle rustlers from $1000 to $5000. I don't like cattle-thievin', but I also don't like giving folks rewards for doing what they ought to feel obliged to do as good citizens. Vote it down.
- SB 49: Appropriates $2M to cover refunds for sales tax on food for qualifying families. Let's cut out the expensive bureaucratic middleman: repeal the sales tax on food for everybody, help our grocery stores get a little competitive advantage with our neighbors in Minnesota.
- SB 51: Creates a new drug screening program for applicants to and employees of the Wildland Fire Suppression Division. Have you heard lots of complaints about firefighters inhaling questionable smoke? I didn't think so. More unnecessary bureaucracy!
- SB 68: The Board of Regents wants to create research park corporations that would be totally separate from the state and thus not subject to open meeting laws or other statutes that allow us to keep track of how public bodies spend their money. I don't know if killing this bill will save us money, but it just sounds fishy. Kill it!
Indivisible 605 Sioux Falls event - Indivisible 605 Town Hall live from Icon Event Hall + Lounge Posted by Indivisible 605 on Thursday, February 23, 2017
2 hours ago