- A former Denver detective who now lives in Sen. Abdallah’s district in Sioux Falls.
- A 25-year-old student and champion cowgirl who suffers debilitating migraines.
- A 23-year-old student who has lost a leg from cancer.
- A 45-ish eastern South Dak. businessman who suffers a degenerative digestive disorder palliated by cannabis.
- A rancher with AIDS who has done time for trying to sustain his own life.
- The rancher’s doctor.
- A former chairman of the MS Society, North Central States Chapter (8000 members).
- At least one more member of the MS Society, NC Chapter
- A 1990 Gulf War veteran, with nerve damage due to exposure to chemicals
- A federally supplied medical marijuana patient, who gets a tin with 300 perfectly-rolled marijuana cigarettes each month. (For more information about the program under which she receives her medicine, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compassionate_Investigational_New_Drug_program)
Elections are the start of a two-year fight - In three weeks we’ll better know our direction, at least for the next two years, in South Dakota. The campaign for governor in 2018 is already well underwa...
1 day ago