But a couple days ago, an amazing stream of absurd propagandist headlines compelled me to drop by Steve Sibson's blog. I just had to ask if he was using a random headline generator to crank out the daily quota of jingoistic culture-war keywords required by Limbaugh Central to keep skewing the Google juice. Consider this sampling of Sibby headlines from just this week:
- Obama, an African Colonialist Marxist
- The Fascism of a Marxist Based Socialist
- Obama and the Socialism of a Racist
- Redistribution, an Agenda Item of the Anti-Christ?
- The Sleeping Pat Powers Laughs into the Face of Obama's Marxism
- Obama Progressives More Like Nazis
But the fact is, Steve's pumping out the memes. How are we mild-mannered lefty bloggers to compete with such prodigious mindspace manipulation?
The Madville Times Random Headline Generator: build yourself a copy today, and fight peevish misogynist totalitarian theocrat oppressors everywhere!
Actually, Steve's constant meme-flogging reminds me of some analysis I did of the software the state tested in 2002 to grade student essays. To get a good score, you didn't have to actually say anything coherent. You just had to keep repeating a loose set of keywords related to the given topic, sprinkle in a few verbs and preposition, et voilà! a perfect score... or in this case, Google juice.