We don't trust government, so we can't trust government to do health care. How very convenient an argument to make when that trust has been eroded by eight years of a Republican administration that failed to...
- sustain the budget surplus established in 2000,
- prevent the worst terrorist attack on American soil in history,
- defend the Constitution against the fear that motivated the PATRIOT Act,
- prosecute investigations and war without resorting to torture,
- maintain good relations with foreign allies,
- organize an effective response to Hurricane Katrina and rebuild New Orleans, and
- take any real action to check or reverse the trend of more people losing health insurance and going bankrupt from health care costs.
If the GOP plan was to do such a bad job of governing that people would never trust government to do anything right regardless of who's in charge, then they did a heck of a job, Brownie.
Don't trust government? Then replace it with people you do trust. That's what 2008 was about. That's what 2010 should be about (any takers yet?). Don't let Senator Thune and the losers trick you into thinking they're still in charge.