- Poet/Broin Ethanol is using $100 million in hand-outs from the U.S. Department of Energy to figure out how to turn corn cobs into cellulosic ethanol.
- SD School of Mines is hoping to get $1 million from the defense spending bill to research using biofuels for military planes. (Senator Thune, of course, is totally in favor of this program, which is just the tip of the Pentagon pork-berg the good Senator is promoting for South Dakota's interests.)
- South Dakota is getting $750K from Uncle Sam to help juvenile offenders straighten up and stay out of jail.
- Six South Dakota towns are getting $715K to build or at least mark safer walking and biking paths to schools.
- Update: The Intertribal Bison Cooperative is getting $175K from the USDA to develop farm market stores and promote local food.
So where is the Origami sculpture? - It seems like the Statue of David, once a piece of public art is moved for construction projects it will take several years and some needling to get the ci...
5 hours ago