Dakota War College's latest meme to soothe the crumbling hopes of Noem supporters: beat the Pelosi drum again. He claims that Congresswoman Stephanie Herseth Sandlin is "bought and paid for" by $35K in campaign contributions from Speaker Pelosi.
Hmm... Democratic Speaker supports Democratic candidate. Dog bites man.
But o.k., let's see who has "bought and paid for" Republican challenger Kristi Noem:
- Small potatoes, but notable: Common Sense Issues PAC sends Noem $250. CSI PAC's donations this year are strictly Tea Party, with equal donations to teabagger delights J.D. Hayworth in Arizona and Marc Rubio in Florida.
- Bigger potatotes: National Republican Congressional Committee chair and Texas Rep. Pete Sessions has bought a $5000 share in Noem through his PETE PAC.
- GOP Rep. Dave Camp of Michigan has bought another $5000 chunk of Noem through his CAMPAC.
- So has GOP House leader Eric Cantor, through ERIC PAC.
- So has Senator Thune, through his Heartland Values PAC. The "Friends of John Thune" have kicked in another $2000.