But was the American President's day in London really so "No Good Very Bad"? A reading of the NYTimes article Dr. Blanchard links seems to say President Sarkozy and Chancellor Merkel aren't being so hard on Obama as on America's "poorly regulated free-market capitalism" that helped cause this mess. That's not a bad day for Obama; that's just a pretty accurate diagnosis of the problem.
And somehow, I don't think President Obama felt himself to be having a really bad day. He was just too busy. In one day, he...
- announced new arms talks with the Russia,
- scheduled a July summit in Russia with President Medvedev,
- discussed arms, human rights, and those nutty North Koreans with Chinese President Hu,
- held a lengthy discussion and a news conference with UK PM Brown,
- had tea with the Queen and gave her an iPod,