The federal government has added Monsanto's SmartStax corn hybrids to a list of seed breeds eligible for a 5% break on USDA crop insurance rates. Uncle Sam hands this favor to Monsanto and other Big Ag players through its Biotech Endorsement pilot program.
Meanwhile, crop insurance on organic lands averages 5% higher premiums. When organic farmers lose crops, USDA figures their compensation based on lower conventional prices, not organic produce prices. USDA also does not insure organic crops against contamination by the genetically modified organisms its own subsidies are supporting.
Once again, the government favors the rich and powerful over the small, independent farmers.
Nikki Gronli kicked ass and took names
-
I will be honest with you, I watch every debate with a clear and unbiased
mind, doesn’t matter the party, I want to hear who lies the most and who
actually...
13 hours ago






This blog printed on 100% recycled electrons.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are closed, as this portion of the Madville Times is in archive mode. You can join the discussion of current issues at MadvilleTimes.com.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.