The kind of space to which our Chamber of Commerce and LAIC have paid little attention in their quest to make Madison better. Julie, Dwaine, Jenny and Shaun Bader, everybody else with a stake in making small towns better, read Mike's list of what third places can do for Madison, Howard, and all small towns:
- Third places are cool…and rural places could stand a little cool.
- Third places introduce new people to the community.
- Third Places improve the quality of life in a community.
- Third Places are good for tourism.
- Third places can help improve the business climate in your small town.
- Third places stimulate creativity.
- Third Places help people age in place.
- Third Places can help create jobs. (Jobs, Dwaine! Jobs!!!)
- Third Places will never be replaced by social networking sites like Facebook.
- Third Places help build conversation …. and conversation leads to trust.
p.s.: Jenny and Shaun, as you get ready to enter the third-place business with Mochavino, Mike and I recommend you read some Ray Oldenburg.