- South Dakota also ranks last for traffic safety laws.
- We don't let those things get us down: South Dakota has the lowest occurrence of depression.
- South Dakota also posted the biggest increase in Gallup's "Well-Being Index" in 2009.
- Helping my sense of well-being: South Dakota is not the most Republican state in the Union. Ten states have a larger percentage of Republicans. Seventeen states have fewer Democrats by percentage (there's hope, Dems! Stand and fight!).
- Still, only 15.8% of South Dakotans identify themselves as liberals (must... blog... harder!)
- We're all optimists, sort of: South Dakotans' economic confidence was less negative than any other state in 2009.
- Only North Dakota beat us in 2009 on percentages of folks who were satisfied with their standard of living and whose employers were not cutting jobs.
Stehly to be guest on B-N-B’s show in the morning - Theresa will appear at around 8:05 AM, Tuesday on Belfrage’s show to talk about the Smoking Ban.
6 hours ago