- South Dakota also ranks last for traffic safety laws.
- We don't let those things get us down: South Dakota has the lowest occurrence of depression.
- South Dakota also posted the biggest increase in Gallup's "Well-Being Index" in 2009.
- Helping my sense of well-being: South Dakota is not the most Republican state in the Union. Ten states have a larger percentage of Republicans. Seventeen states have fewer Democrats by percentage (there's hope, Dems! Stand and fight!).
- Still, only 15.8% of South Dakotans identify themselves as liberals (must... blog... harder!)
- We're all optimists, sort of: South Dakotans' economic confidence was less negative than any other state in 2009.
- Only North Dakota beat us in 2009 on percentages of folks who were satisfied with their standard of living and whose employers were not cutting jobs.
Russia a friend? Follow the spies. - Many Americans like to think that when the Soviet Union dissolved on Christmas 1991, Russia became a friend. The man who led Russia for the next decade, ...
12 hours ago