Proof: ask Bob Ellis, organizer of the Black Hills Tea Party/"Citizens for Liberty." He reveals the Tea Party's intent to destroy Medicare and Social Security in comments on the Madville Times, in which Ellis declares Medicare and Social Security illegal and its supporters and recipients un-American:
...there is not a shred of authority for the federal government to create a health care system, administer a health care system, create a charity or administer a charity.
...I have countless tims [sic] denounced Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security for the un-American, un-Constitutional programs they are.
My postulation IS that Medicare is a violation of the Constitution. That is my postulation because it clearly IS a violation of the Constitution. Can you find a health care system or a system of charity authorized in Article 1 Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution? I certainly can't. That makes it a clear violation of the Constitution [Bob Ellis, Citizens for Liberty, comments on "Russell Olson Loses on GOP Health Care Nullification...," Madville Times, 2010.02.28–03.01].
No way around it: senior citizens, the Tea Party wants to throw you under the fiscal bus.
Consider also that the following people have signed on as fans of Citizens for Liberty, the South Dakota branch of the purportedly grassroots group who would take away Medicare and Social Security:
- Chris Nelson, Secretary of State, candidate for U.S. House
- R. Blake Curd, state representative, candidate for U.S. House
- B. Thomas Marking, candidate for U.S. House
- Brock Greenfield, state representative
- Charles B. Hoffman, state representative
- Dan Lederman, state representative
- Jason Gant, state senator
- Dusty Johnson, South Dakota Public Utilities Commission
- Jon Lauck, senior advisor to Senator John Thune
Voters, give the Tea Party an inch, and they will take away your Medicare and Social Security.