This is Gerry Lange at his professorial best. He doesn't just recite a bullet-point résumé. He composes a thoughtful essay. He shows his history chops and his sense of humor by tying together quotes from Democrat Al Smith and Madison's own Republican Karl E. Mundt to make his point. He addresses the cultural climate of anger and frustration with government, then hits big issues:
- eliminate the food tax ("as in every surrounding state!")
- make affluent corporations pay their fair share
- increase support for education as the key to better-paying jobs
- open government and end no-bid contracts
- end tax rebates to the TransCanada pipeline and other big operators
Representative Lange packs more intelligent politics into two minutes of video than anyone else in the race. Philosophy and particulars, substance and style: that's Gerry Lange!